Monday, October 27, 2014

Sweet Sounds of Silence

For the first time in over a month, we have nothing planned for the coming weekend.  Since it is going to be Halloween on Friday, I anticipate that we'll need to be somewhat social for a few hours of the evening.  However, having nothing planned is a load off of my mind. 

The impending possibility of Nothing for the weekend makes this week seem like a piece of cake--or pie.  (I prefer pie.)  And it's a great filler weekend to cleanse the palate prior to making a special trip in a few weeks' time to hang out with family again and to see an old friend from my graduate school. 


I have loved hosting my parents and having my in-laws, other assorted family members, and Kyle's gaggle of friends over to celebrate Kyle's foray into the wild world of Being Seventeen.  By the time the party was over, I was napping away and my family (bless their hearts) let me Sleep Off the Social aspects of the day (yay, SOS-time!).  I really needed my SOS time.  I awoke refreshed and happy, and made dinner.  We chilled out with the kitties and watched Aaron Sorkin's work. 

I am grateful to my family for the SOS time.  Further, I'm so grateful to my friends for being so sensitive to my need to Disappear sometimes.  There is comfort in silence, and it makes me appreciate everyone so much more when I have time to just Exist in the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment