Saturday, October 4, 2014

Busy Bee

Although the events of the past few weeks have seemed frenetically frantic, things are finally calming down.  I find that a long-distance drive brings some rhythm and peace to a hectic schedule.  I get to pick my own music if I'm behind the wheel, and generally what I like to listen to is a little too eclectic for fellow passengers' comfort levels (e.g., gansta rap for one song, classical for the next, pop rock, jazz...you get the picture).  When I take the wheel and Romeyn is napping in the passenger seat...the audio world is my oyster.  I listen to my heart's content, and focus on the colors of the season.

We hopped from event to event this weekend, but the four hour drive (two as a passenger and two as the driver) allowed me some precious Introvert time, soaking up the more individual experiences of the moment.   I quite literally felt myself slow down, breathe, and appreciate the gift of the drive. When we arrived for my grandmother's birthday party, I was calm--prepared for the social experience of a gathering of people in an enclosed space (a meeting room at my grandmother's senior living facility--pretty swanky, but still close quarters). 

These little unexpected moments of solitude in between events allows an introvert to slow down, breathe, and be happy.  Recharging is important, even if it's in the form of a solitary chore, a drive, or a nap.  Tomorrow will allow me more of this recharging bliss.  In the meantime, the moment is all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment