Friday, March 20, 2020

Indoor Cat: Day Four

Ahhh!  Middle Aged Lady Dancing!!!


You haven't truly had an Indoor Cat experience until you've scared the pantaloons off of the neighborhood squirrels.

I suppose that the sight of a middle-aged lady bouncing around to Zumba DVDs is somewhat frightening, especially to a little rodent attempting to forage on the back deck (with a clear view of the Zumba through the sliding door into the dining room).

I have to say, however, that it provides me with great entertainment when I accidentally surprise a squirrel.  Their reactions are soooo funny and cute.  The reactions I love go like this:  "*Surprise* !!!!  *JAZZ PAWS!!!*  *SCATTER, SQUIRRELS, SCATTER!*"

This series of reactions brings to mind the Noh-reminiscent acting of my cats when a vacuum cleaner is in the vicinity.  They run right up to it, then get super scared (think E. Munch, or Macaulay Caulkin's emotive expressions), then run away as quickly as they can.

I am still greatly reassured by the presence of my younger stepson.  Given my druthers, I'd also have Brady here with us, but he left the nest quite a while ago.  Romeyn is quite braver than I am...he's been the designated Traveler for a few days (stores, meetings on site, etc.).  I'm having to content myself with indoor activities, including the sipping of fine tea.





Be well, fellow Introverts...

No comments:

Post a Comment