Monday, September 29, 2014

Exhaustion

Sometimes, life throws you several curve-balls at once.  Using the tools at your disposal in order to cope doesn't always cut it.  I'm a big believer in the power of the nap in these cases.  Even ten minutes of shuteye can do wonders.  

The past few days have been particularly rough on me.  I managed to make myself physically ill from exhaustion and stress. Both of my wonderful stepsons, including our young introvert, gave me hugs without any prompting.  They were wonderfully supportive.  I was a mess.  

After a restorative nap, I got up and started to clean up after some of the messier stress factors of the weekend.  I think that naps are the last line of defense against stress--particularly introvert stress.  Onwards and upwards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment