Sunday, September 6, 2015

Bacchanalia

It is a source of continual seeming unreality to me that the word "party" is still societally synonymous with drinking.  I'll be honest here--I'm a lightweight.  It doesn't take much for me to become pleasantly inebriated.  

One of my best friends and I discussed a week of monastic abstention.  I proceeded in typical gung-ho fashion.  I was offered no less than five drinks during that window of time.  When one contemplates the social ramifications of this pattern, it's a bit worrisome.  

I'm not advocating for a lack of alcohol, but I'm questioning the volume of intake that is socially accepted within my generation.  I realize that this topic is contentious at best.  Please understand that I mean no offense.  

Be well, fellow Introverts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment