Thursday, November 20, 2014

Holy Holidays, Batman!

The great crunch has begun!  Oh preparations, galore!  Pies! (See my prior post.)  Mashing my own potatoes!  Creating sweet potato croquettes with nuts and spiced jelly!   Squashing the butternut squash!

I am very thankful that my family is so understanding.  That is my mantra at this time of year.  I am blessed to have such a wonderful blended family (both near and far).  My older stepson and I created a traditional "Residence Hall Thanksgiving" several years ago, and we're about to hold another one this weekend.  Thereafter, my younger stepson, my husband and I will see grandparents galore (next week)!

I've had a bit of a hard time lately since I work out quite a bit, but I still seem to be having trouble reducing/maintaining a healthy weight.  The gym involves people, and whereas I have a good time at the gym (my headphones on, working up to a respectable adrenaline high), it is exhausting in more ways than one.

If you have any suggestions as to subtle ways to increase my daily exercise without dropping from exhaustion, please feel free to share your tips and tricks!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment